After returning home, do not be afraid to ask for help. Caring and bonding with your newborn is a full-time, wondrous journey for your mind and body. As with birthing, Mom and her partner deserve special attention during the pospartum period. After your birth, you may continue to utilize our postpartum services and we will help in whatever way feels best to you. Generally during this time, parents like reassurance that they haven't "forgotten anything" and prefer some help around the house to allow more uninterrupted bonding time with their newborn. We are most often called on to assist with breastfeeding once at home. Click here to view our rates
. Depending on your needs, postpartum services may include:
- Providing support with postpartum adjustment, newborn care, breastfeeding, and promote parent-infant bonding.
- Light snack/meal preparation and and making sure mom is eating well.
- Light housekeeping; dishes, errands, laundry and tidying up a bit.
- Providing education, non-judgmental support, companionship, and assistance with overall family adjustment, including care of older children.
- Offering evidence-based information on infant feeding, emotional and physical recovery from childbirth, infant soothing and coping skills for new parents and can make appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Helping friends and family members to foster and support your parenting decisions and wishes, as appropriate.
- Validating and enhancing your intuitive ability to nurture and encouraging you to develop and implement your own unique parenting style.
- Overnight support is generally available for 8 or 10 hour shifts to care for baby, assist with breastfeeding, and allow you to rest - Please reserve us well in advance.
Please note: General family care and heavy housekeeping is not included in our pastpartum services. Please read our Postpartum Agreement for more information.
Contact Us at: